Cosimo is showcasing our handsome religious texts with our June Series of the Month, The Ante-Nicene Fathers by Reverend Alexander Roberts et al.
One of the first great events in Christian history was the Council of Nicaea in 325 AD, convened to organize Christian sects and beliefs into a unified doctrine. The great Christian clergymen who wrote before this famous event are referred to as the Ante-Nicenes and the Apostolic Fathers, and Cosimo offers their writings in a ten-volume set.
The Ante-Nicenes lived so close to the time of Christ that their interpretations of the New Testament are considered more authentic than modern voices. But they are also real and flawed men, who are more like their fellow Christians than they are like the Apostles, making their words echo in the ears of spiritual seekers. This 10-volume collected works of the Ante-Nicenes were first published between 1885 and 1896.
Cosimo offers this 10 volume series by individual volume at leading online bookstores or as a full set in hardcover or paperback, especially of interest to readers of interest in religion, collectors who like to expand their personal library, or professional librarians. If you are interested in purchasing the full set, please contact us.
Readers will find the writings of:
- Gregory Thaumaturgus
- Dionysius, pope of Alexandria
- Julius Africanus, a Christian historian who wrote a history of the world from Creation to 221
- Bishops Antolius of Constantinople, Archelaus of Carchar, and Peter of Alexandria
- Alexander of Cappadocia, bishop of Jerusalem until he was taken prisoner by the Romans
- Theognostus, Pierius, and Thenas of Alexandria
- Phileas, a philosopher from Thmuis
- Pamphilus, patron of the library at Caesarea
- Malchion, a rhetorician from Antioch
- And many, many more
The hardcover retail list price for this series: $469.90, but now: our price: $379.99 (you save $90 or a 20 percent discount)
The paperback retail list price for this series: $218.91, but now: our price: $174.99 (you save $44 or a 20 percent discount)
Cosimo also offeres Nicene and Post-Nicene Fathers First Series (in both paperback and hardcover) as well as Nicene and Post-Nicene Fathers Second Series (in both paperback and hardcover).